We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The organic eggs come from an organic farm ... or from small farms, in open spaces, small fields and with "natural" food from agriculture biological. How to tell the difference betweenorganic eggs and conventional eggs?
Organic eggs, identification code
To understand the origin of the eggs, just check the brand (by law the eggs must be marked!): If the initial number of the code is 3 for example, they are eggs from hens raised in cages!
Thanks therefore to the identification code that we find on the eggs we can have very precise information on their production and origin.
The first number of this code concerns precisely the method of raising hens:
- 3 for caged (or battery) hens;
- 2 for hens reared "on the ground";
- 1 for hens reared outdoors intensively;
- 0 for hens raised outdoors extensively and with organic feed.
Only the eggs with the identification number zero, they can be legitimately labeled as "biological ".
Useful information: it is good to know that "farm eggs" are not synonymous with healthy, natural, let alone organic eggs.
The eggs with code 1 come from hens free to scratch among the vegetation, but the feed is conventional and the space available for each hen is 2.5 square meters.
The organic eggs (code zero) instead come from extensive farming. This involves:
- up to 10 square meters per hen;
- organic feed (cereals and corn without chemical additives, synthetic amino acids, GMOs and fishmeal);
- more guarantees for animal welfare;
- more guarantees for our health, given that the sector biological it is much more controlled and must be certified by law.
A organic egg costs on average 35 cents, only two or three cents more than a egg coming from free-range farming.
The choice oforganic eggs it represents a safer choice from the point of view of possible fraud (thanks to greater controls), and an extensive type of farming that does not stress the hens ……. Given that theegg it is a staple of our diet we choose the type biological